Transfer Connections is a voluntary, selective mentoring program for new LSA transfer students for the Fall or Winter terms. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until spaces are filled. All LSA transfer students for either Fall or Winter terms who have paid their University of Michigan Enrollment Deposit will receive an email inviting them to apply to the program.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Extensions available by requests. Applicants will receive a status announcement 3-4 weeks after submission; early application is encouraged.
What to Know
- Selection is not automatic
- Applying is the only way to be considered for acceptance
- Applying to this program does not assist with transfer credits
- Transfer Connections is a different program from Transfer Orientation, participating in one does not require the other.
- Students should complete their own applications/should not complete on behalf of others
- Applications are a snapshot of your experiences and should clearly explain why you would like a mentor
Fall Term Admits
April: Receive initial email inviting you to apply to Transfer Connections
May – July: Online applications accepted on a rolling basis
August: Students are notified of their acceptance (or denial) and are contacted by their Transfer Mentor
September: Transfer Connections Kickoff
September – December: Meetings with Transfer Mentors, Transfer Connections large- and small- group events
December: Transfer Connections End-of-Term Celebration
Winter Term Admits:
November: Receive initial email inviting you to apply to Transfer Connections
December – early January: Online applications accepted on a rolling basis
January: Students are notified of their acceptance (or denial) and are contacted by their Transfer Mentor
January: Transfer Connections Kickoff
January – April: Meetings with Transfer Mentors, Transfer Connections large- and small- group events
April: Transfer Connections End-of-Term Celebration