Transfer Mentor is a paid position for Fall-Winter terms. The position begins in September with training dates during the previous winter and spring. Mentors work approximately 8-10 hours/week. Only undergraduate students with previous experience as a transfer student at the University of Michigan will be considered. Applications are accepted annually beginning in December. You can apply HERE.
Apply to Be a Transfer Mentor
If you would like to apply to be a Transfer Connections mentor for the 2019-2020 academic year, please apply HERE.
Benefits & Incentives
This paid position within the Office of New Student Programs offers a great undergraduate employment opportunity. As a Transfer Mentor, you will:
- Facilitate groups of mentees to offer assistance, support, and advice.
- Co-mentor with a faculty/staff member at the university
- Use your creative talents and draw from your own interest and experiences to plan Transfer Connections events and create our newsletters.
- Develop event planning, team building, leadership, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Represent Transfer Connections at campus events.
- Be eligible to work as a 2019 summer Transfer Connections Mentor, May-August 2019
- Earn $10.00/hour and work approximately 8-10 hours/week throughout Fall and Winter terms.