Events for the Welcome to Michigan Program are submitted using the University’s UM-Events database.
If you have never used this site before, here are the steps to submit your event:
- Browse to http://events.umich.edu/.
- Select Login from the left-side menu or Become a Sponsor if you have never submitted an event to UM-Events before (under "Month View").
- After you have created an account and authenticated, select "Add an Event".
- Enter your event information. Be sure to check the "Welcome Week" Tag! Select the time and date(s) of your event and click "Next Step" to proceed.
- Review the information you submitted (notice "Welcome Week event" is listed in the bar below your event name) and you can also check the box to be notified by e-mail once your event is submitted. Click "Finish."
- Using UM-Events also lets you return to edit your events at any time. To edit any event you have previously submitted, select "Submission History " from the menu on the main page.
If you have any difficulty submitting your information directly to UM-Events, email email@example.com or call the Office of New Student Programs at (734) 764-6413.