The Welcome to Michigan program will again be utilizing a mobile app based schedule for 2018. To have your deparment's event included in the app listing, you will need to fill out the app event submission form. The deadline for submitting events has been extended to July 13, 2018 at 5:00pm. The form can be found here: Welcome to Michigan App Event Submission Form
In addition to submitting information via the form, you will also be asked to submit images to be used in the app.
If you would like to see the format and design of the app, please download the orientation version here as they will be functionally very similar.
If you have difficult submitting your information to the form, or have questions, please email email@example.com.
Additionally, we would like all departments to also list their events on the University’s UM-Events database for students to see in case they choose not to utilize the app.
If you have never used this site before, here are the steps to submit your event:
- Browse to http://events.umich.edu/.
- Select Login from the left-side menu or Become a Sponsor if you have never submitted an event to UM-Events before (under "Month View").
- After you have created an account and authenticated, select "Add an Event".
- Enter your event information. Be sure to check the "Welcome to Michigan" Tag Select the time and date(s) of your event and click "Next Step" to proceed.
- Review the information you submitted (notice "Welcome Week event" is listed in the bar below your event name) and you can also check the box to be notified by e-mail once your event is submitted. Click "Finish."
- Using UM-Events also lets you return to edit your events at any time. To edit any event you have previously submitted, select "Submission History " from the menu on the main page.
If you have any difficulty submitting your information directly to UM-Events, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office of New Student Programs at (734) 764-6413.