Orientation is the first step in your transition to the University of Michigan. All new students are required to complete orientation components. Orientation is designed to welcome students to the University of Michigan and help make your transition to campus as smooth and successful as possible.
Please select your term of admission from the list on the left for the steps to take after your admission and information about the orientation programs.
Unsure about your term of admission? Here’s a guide:
- Fall Term = Classes start in late August
- Winter Term = Classes start in January
- Spring Term = Classes start in May
- Summer Term = Classes start in late June/early July
ATTENTION SPRING, SUMMER, AND FALL ADMITTED STUDENTS:
Welcome to the University of Michigan!
We look forward to working with you as you start your journey as a Michigan Wolverine. Wolverine Online Orientation is required for all new first-year and transfer, degree-seeking students. Due to the impact of COVID-19, new undergraduate students enrolling in summer and fall terms will complete orientation remotely.
We realize that an online orientation program is not the same as an in-person experience. Nevertheless, we are committed to providing the best online orientation experience possible. You will have an opportunity to learn about campus, meet with an academic advisor, talk with current students and register for your first semester of classes.
Wolverine Online Orientation is a remote program required for all new undergraduates. After you have been admitted to UM and paid the $300 EDR, you will receive an email in early/mid-May to register for an Academic Advising Date. You will also receive instructions on how to complete Wolverine Online Orientation to your UMICH email.
By participating in Wolverine Online Orientation you will:
- Understand the academic and community expectations of a University of Michigan student.
- Develop an academic plan with an advisor from your school or college.
- Become familiar with resources available to UM students.
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for your first term of classes.
- Participate in a small group meeting with orientation students staff.
To learn more about the steps of Wolverine Online Orientation, how to register for an Academic Advising Date, and other important details, navigate through the sections on the left, selecting Incoming Freshmen or Incoming Transfer
If you have any questions, contact the Office of New Student Programs at (734) 764-6413 or email email@example.com