ATTENTION SPRING, SUMMER, and FALL ADMITTED STUDENTS:
We look forward to working with you as you start your journey as a Michigan Wolverine. We are delighted that you have chosen to pursue your education at this University! As a new international student, you are required to complete New Student Hybrid Orientation to aid in your transition to the University of Michigan.
By participating in Orientation you will:
- Understand the academic and community expectations of a University of Michigan student
- Develop an academic plan with an advisor from your school or college
- Become familiar with resources available to U-M students
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for your first term of classes
If you are an F-1 or J-1 student, you may have additional steps to take prior to or once you are on campus as required by the International Center. Please be sure to check your U-M email regularly for more information on any additional requirements.
The steps of Orientation will cover the many aspects of life at the University of Michigan and campus resources.
After you have been admitted to U-M and paid the $300 EDR, Fall and Summer term students will receive an email in mid- to late April to begin the Orientation process. Spring term students will receive an email in early April.
ATTENTION WINTER ADMITTED STUDENTS:
Please check back as details for Winter 2023 are being finalized.
Please select your term of admission and admit type (first-year or transfer) from the list on the left for the steps to take after your admission.
Unsure about your term of admission? Here’s a guide:
- Fall Term = Classes start in August
- Winter Term = Classes start in January
- Spring Term = Classes start in May
- Summer Term = Classes start in late June/early July
If you have questions about your next steps or the orientation programs, please call ONSP at 734-764-6413 or email email@example.com.