Open to all first-semester LSA transfer students, the Transfer Connections program is one of many Michigan Learning Communities available at U-M.
First-year undergraduate students who are entering U-M directly from high school in search of a mentoring program should apply to University Mentorship.
Transfer Connections is a voluntary, selective mentoring program for new LSA transfer students for the Fall or Winter terms. Students must apply to the program and be selected. All LSA transfer students for either fall or winter terms who have paid their University of Michigan Enrollment Deposit will receive an email inviting them to apply to the program. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until spaces are filled. New LSA transfer students accepted into the program are notified July-August (fall semester) and January (winter semester).
- Selection is not automatic.
- Applying is the only way to be considered for acceptance.
- Applying to this program does not assist with transfer credits.
- Transfer Connections is a different program from transfer orientation, participating in one does not require the other.
- Students should complete their own applications/should not complete on behalf of others.
- Applications are a snapshot of your experiences and should clearly explain why you would like a mentor.
Applications for the winter 2023 semester are now closed. Incoming, enrolled LSA transfer students for the fall 2023 semester who are interested in applying should check back in May.